HOLOGRAPH Vol. IX Call for Submissions
Essays Poems Photographs Drawings Stories Cover Designs
“A document written wholly in the handwriting of the person whose signature it bears.”
Submit to Holograph IX
Entries are being accepted for Holograph IX, slated for publication in 2014. For more information, contact Nita Ritzke: email@example.com
All UMary students, faculty and staff are eligible to submit original essays, poems, stories, creative nonfiction or other prose, photographs, cover graphics. All works MUST be original to the artist, must not have been previously published, and conform to copyright, licensing and fair use laws. Artists retain copyright. Faculty editors will decide on inclusion based on quality, originality, and interpretation of the meaning of holograph. The editors reserve the right not to publish a genre or work at their discretion. The decisions of the editorial board are final. Submissions which do not conform to the guidelines below may not be considered.
1) All submissions must be made in digital format. File titles should be the titles of the works. All photographs must be submitted as a jpg. high (camera) resolution. Graphics or other visual works must be submitted as digitally scanned files.
2) Contributors may submit no more than 2 poems, 2 photos, 2 cover images, 1 essay no longer than 1500 words, 1 work of fiction no longer than 2000 words. One person may submit works in more than one category. Works may focus on any subject; that in mind, all editorial decisions are informed by the missions of the Department of Language and Literature and the University of Mary. If citation is used for the essays, these should be noted according to current MLA guidelines.
3) All submissions should be attached to an email which identifies the artist, categories, titles, total number of submitted works and contact information: full name, phone number, & email address. The creator’s name should not appear on the work itself.
5) A receipt will acknowledge successful submissions. All communication will occur via email.
6) All materials must arrive by NOON Saturday, February 15th, 2014.
7) Those selected will be notified via email about the first week of March, 2014.
For further information, contact Nita Ritzke, Department of Language and Literature.
Art needs leaders too.
UMary’s Visual and Literary
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
•SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY, WRITING OR DESIGN
•SEE YOUR WORK IN A 3-D PUBLICATION
•EARN TAX CREDITS