The mission of the Office of Information Technology is to provide the infrastructure and services for the effective use of technology by the students, alumni, faculty and staff at the University of Mary.
· Maintain computing facilities (student labs and other public computing facilities, classrooms, and laboratories).
· Maintain the administrative shared database and software.
· Provide a campus-wide data network with access to the Internet and Intranet.
· Provide and maintain servers and applications software including e-mail and web pages.
· Provide training to the campus community to use standard hardware and software.
· Troubleshoot and resolve problems with supported hardware, software, or networks.
· Advise faculty and staff about technology-related projects; recommend appropriate hardware or software solutions within the established purchasing guidelines.
· Support document management and workflow to campus constituents.
· Evaluate hardware and software for campus use.
· Foster professional development of our OIT staff to constantly improve effectiveness.
· Maintain partnerships with our vendors that are beneficial to the University.
· Monitor technical developments and trends; apply findings to campus technology planning.